Greens powders do not entirely replace the nutrition of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Aside from their exquisite appearance, there are too many benefits of enjoying whole foods: the colours, patterns, shapes, fragrances, tastes and textures.
So, what's the point of greens powders? To supplement, enhance, and complete a holistic diet. The benefits of green powders (specifically VegeGreens, because they are not all created equally) are endless, but here are two top attributes: quick and easy and multiple optimal nutrients.
VegeGreens provides more vegetables than you could eat in a day, including trace ingredients you won't find in a garden patch, like aquatic greens, chlorella, and dulse. Land veggies include beetroot, carrots, and a variety of cruciferous vegetables (think broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts), providing you with the benefit of these vegetables without having to "eat" the ones you don't like. You can drink the rainbow of superfood benefits with over 60 ingredients and 8 blends of green foods and plant extracts.
What Nutrients are in VegeGreens?
Thanks to all those green foods, you'll get important nutrients like vitamins A, C, K, and E, as well as folate, iron, and zinc. They're also an incredible source of chlorophyll, which is what puts the ''green' in VegeGreens. Chlorophyll binds to carcinogens and other toxic matter in the body, helping the liver and kidneys eliminate these toxins from the body. It can also help support the immune system, improve cholesterol and blood pressure
- Carotenoids -Like Alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, lycopene, and lutein all essential for eye health.
- Flavonoids -These phytonutrients reduce inflammation and can help prevent chronic diseases like asthma and heart disease.
- Glucosinolates- Found in many green vegetables, these chemicals can help prevent cancer.
- Ellagic acid- Found in berries and other foods, these phenols protect the body's cells from oxidative stress.
- Resveratrol-Also found in grapes and wine (woo!), resveratrol has been shown to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects and can help prevent heart disease and certain cancers.
Making Mornings Easy
Few Canadians have time to spare in the mornings. It's unrealistic for most people to sit down to a full breakfast meal with complete nutrients, not only because it takes time to cook but also to eat. Instead, make your mornings easy by blending up a smoothie!
Do you know what's delicious? A homemade smoothie with a scoop of VegeGreens! VegeGreens is a great natural way to get a running start to your day.
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 6 oz fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1 ripe medium banana
- 1 scoop VegeGreens
- 2 tbsp sweetened shredded coconut
INSTRUCTIONS -Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Makes about 3 1/2 cups.